We collect information from you when you sign up on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey, communicate through text such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
When ordering or registering we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better our services in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature.
- To contact you via email, phone or text message, to deliver certain services or information you have requested.
- If you have opted-in to receive our email newsletter, we may send you periodic emails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional email from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove, or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive email newsletters, you will not receive these emails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features, such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content, will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our email list and receive email communications from us.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
DO WE USE “COOKIES”?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the E-mail by contacting customer service.
DO WE DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include DNV Foods. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe releasing it is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
HOW CAN YOU OPT-OUT, REMOVE OR MODIFY INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED TO US?
To modify your email subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the “My Account” section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the “My Account” section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third-party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
ONLINE POLICY ONLY
You agree to not use the www.dnvfoods.com to:
- Upload or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, vulgar, obscene, libellous, defamatory, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
- Harm children in any way
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the DNV Foods Website.
- Upload or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to upload or transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as “inside information”, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements)
- Upload or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party
- Upload or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to “scroll” faster than other users of the DNV Foods Site are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to engage in real time exchanges
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act
Publish a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism, (collectively referred to as the “Prohibited Uses”)
You understand that when using the DNV Foods Website, you will be exposed to User Submissions from a variety of sources, and that DNV Foods is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such User Submissions.
DNV Foods may however, through additional online features enable the users to exchange information and design models, with the sharing of the liabilities arising therefrom exclusively to the portal.